Link Roundup #1

New blog feature! I read a lot of cool things, and then they vanish into the Internet aether. I have decided to steal (from many) the habit of collecting these links into a weekly roundup, if only for my own benefit. For this first iteration, here's everything I read this week that was even vaguely interesting:
  • Managing Programmer Productivity - Which always makes me wonder: if it's not that complicated, why is it apparently so damn hard for any place to do? 
  • Stopping the Enterprise Death Spiral with Mob Programming -  Great piece despite the title. In my experience, the difficulty ends up being in convincing people that individual productivity is not the be-all, even to give a different approach a try. As a follow-on, another (short) post about Mob Programming Benefits.
  • Starting a Community of Practice Using the Learning Canvas - We have used elements of this along with Lean Coffee in our Scrum Master community of practice meetings, and I think we should get back to doing that. It's great for keeping focus. 
  • Mint 18.3 review -  I've never heard of Mint, but I am interested in learning more about Linux. 
  • Daniel Pink RTed this list of book recommendations. I added a couple of them to my wish list.
  • An open-source alternative to Evernote. I am an inconsistent Evernote user, mainly because I find the organization and search system clumsy (or it was a while ago), so I want to check this out.
  • A bit of brilliance from Esther Darby on the things we don't notice, and don't notice that we don't notice -- I'm working on my mindfulness post!
  • Unravel Your Year - I am suuuuuuper skeptical about this stuff. However, I am planning to dedicate 2018 to a more experimental, action-based stance than I have had in 2017, and that means being willing to read and try things that don't fit my easy inclinations. I'm going to take a look at this, and I will blog further about it if it seems worthwhile.  
  • Ten Keys to Happier Living - Happy Melly is one of my current top reads; I didn't realize they had a podcast, too. I am keenly interested right now in practical work in this area, so this made for an interesting listen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handling Meetings with Remote Attendees

Agile Transitions as Self-Sustaining Reaction

Shu Ha Ri Skeptic