Why am I Here?

I signed up for one of those WordPress "how to blog" classes in hopes that I will learn something and get a little bit more disciplined about this! The first assignment is to write a "who I am and why am I here" post. As good a place to start as any. (This blog isn't on WP but one of my other ones is, and this blog needs more attention, so.)

Who am I, though? I'm a mid-life wanna-be career changer. I'm fascinated by everything I've come into contact with since my introduction to agile practices three years ago. I don't know if they can save the world, but they can certainly make us less miserable while we go about our work, which is a step in the right direction.

I'm a very reserved person and don't share myself easily, which can come across as being detached or diffident, but is really just a reflection of the fact that I'm very introverted and have a degree of social anxiety; trust is a slow process for me. I have a family and a cat and several hobbies too many (can "updating my Trello board" be considered a hobby? bullet journaling?). I hate the idea of a personal brand with all of my being as reductive and flattening of the contentious multitudes contained within all of us. Brands are for owned things.

As for what I want to do with this site, ideally I would be using it to capture my thoughts, reflections, and accumulating knowledge about agile tools and how we can use them to improve our lives.

Simple as that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handling Meetings with Remote Attendees

Agile Transitions as Self-Sustaining Reaction

Shu Ha Ri Skeptic