Week in Review #20

  • Monday - Attended three separate sprint plannings. Brought in a lot of snacks, which led to me agreeing to give a baking lesson at a co-worker's house. Scheduled a bunch of other meetings. New teams picked names. Some of them seem to be adjusting quickly; others are going to have trouble. I am very tired. 
  •  Tuesday - Went to a doc meeting about how to divide upcoming work that crosses products. Went to four separate standups. Met with delivery lead about workload for a team member. Interviewed a Scrum Master candidate. Endured a meeting about a very slow-moving feature initiative -- lots of people seem to think it's important, yet it never seems to get the necessary traction to actually happen. Again, very tired. Scheduled my baking class at co-worker's house, which currently has ten people interested in attending. This is going to be interesting! 
  • Wednesday - Another innocent day destroyed. My not-exactly-boss asked me to commit to another regular meeting. 


 LOL no. Meeting #10 was a volunteer call for the Agile Games/Mob Programming conference, and that went late. In other news, GDI asked me to teach a one-night class on technical writing. 
  • Thursday -  Woke up with a tiredness hangover. Spent most of the day wrestling with Excel and PowerPoint to put together the sprint report. This went okay until mid-afternoon when Excel crashed... and corrupted my open PPT file, as well. Also, there was some backlog refinement. One of my teams' developers has already been stolen for  yet another "war room" effort. Added swim lanes to my Kanban board -- one for each of the two products for which I write documentation, one for the agile team.
  • Friday - Got out of one recurring meeting (yay). Updated my resume. Finished the PPT. Was informed that there is a new wind of "hands-on management" blowing. Felt profound apathy. Interviewed another SM candidate. Got some documentation work done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handling Meetings with Remote Attendees

Agile Transitions as Self-Sustaining Reaction

Shu Ha Ri Skeptic