Week in Review #16

  • Monday - Frustration is the word of the day - it's going to be another week before my team can find one hour when we are all free at the same time to discuss starting over with their work visualization. I did some work for the Mob Programming conference program, and wrote up a cheat sheet for myself to use when we finally get to have this meeting. 
  • Tuesday - After a week of mutual insistence from me and the team manager that we need to catch up on my kanban group, I put something on their calendar. All I wanted was five minutes to provide an update. Reviewed our metrics gathering process with a member of the team who is leaving for another opportunity. 
  • Wednesday - Learned more about my kanban group's challenges - new things surface in pretty much every standup, and I think our visualization session is going to be really interesting.  
  • Thursday -  More work on kanban, more transition prep. We apparently spend an ungodly amount of time on a metrics PPT every sprint. I have strong feelings about metric for their own sake, and also about wasting my time, so I foresee that this will be an interesting conversation. 
  • Friday - Made a whole lot of notes on the PPT. If we have to do this (skeptical), there are quite a few ways in which I suspect it could be improved. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handling Meetings with Remote Attendees

Agile Transitions as Self-Sustaining Reaction

Shu Ha Ri Skeptic