Curving Bridge

Today I registered the URL curvingbridge.com.

Curving Bridge is the current evolutionary point of several things that happened in my life last year. The first of those was that I went through a period of prolonged, intense anxiety, unlike anything I have previously experienced. I'm happy to say that treatment has been successful, and I am more or less back to my old self, but it was a shaky passage. I realized in the midst of it that I felt trapped and stifled, without direction.

The second thing that happened was that I started a meditation practice. I use the Simple Habit app, which provides a wide range of guided meditation offerings. Going through one series, I was challenged to identify the principles that I consider the most important, and what the best version of my life might look like. I've never been inclined to the idea of a "happy place," but I was surprised by the strength and clarity of the image that formed.

Finally, I spent most of the past year in a transitional role at my job. I spent a lot of time thinking about what I want to do and why I want to do it. I took in volumes of input on how organizations work, much of which has changed the way I think, and I know that I have barely scratched the surface.

At some point while all of this was happening, I drew a picture. I am no artist; it was a doodle meant to capture a momentary mood, but when I looked at it later, I was struck by how appropriate the image felt to my entire life. It was just a path leading through a field, with footbridge at the end over a stream, and the edge of the page meant that the end of the bridge was invisible.

Like my doodle, I don't know where this might go, but reserving this URL is an intention to turn all of these things into concrete action. To give those values a chance to show what they can do. To live the life I want. To use everything I am learning, and to make a difference with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handling Meetings with Remote Attendees

Agile Transitions as Self-Sustaining Reaction

Shu Ha Ri Skeptic