Week in Review #14

  • Monday - Meta-cast #100 on the earbuds today. Met briefly with the team I'm supposed to work with as a coach for this next little while. My first challenge is going to be making myself available without feeling like I'm watching them.The office as a whole is quiet.
  • Tuesday - Made more contact with the new team: attended their standup, spoke with several team members, found a place near their area where I can camp out for at least a couple hours a day, and put up a board on which to collect their questions in case I'm not around. I'm curious about the two team members I haven't spoken with individually yet. The team is certainly dealing with an array of problems. I'm trying to just gather those right now, rather than settle too soon on any course of suggestions. 
  • Wednesday - More conversation turning up additional issues the team is facing. I have the beginning of a backlog of items to dive into over the next weeks. Initiated a small change, mostly to see if/how people reacted (moving their kanban board from its useless place of storage to one within eyeshot of the team). Got a bit of a history lesson as well, as to why these teams were formed in the first place. 
  • Thursday - A very quiet day, people started leaving early.
 And as of now, I'm on vacation until next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handling Meetings with Remote Attendees

Agile Transitions as Self-Sustaining Reaction

Shu Ha Ri Skeptic