Week in Review #12

  • Monday - No meetings; worked on documentation backlog. It's going to get progressively quieter here as we head into the end of the year. Feeling glum and pessimistic.
  • Tuesday- Reading Driving Fear out of the Workplace and Crucial Conversations, more or less at the same time, because flipping back and forth between them is proving interesting congruence. Everything I read keeps coming back to a very few core concepts. I feel like that is the space that I ought to be moving toward, but I'm not sure how to do that. Cleaned up my Outlook task list and did some desk housekeeping. I have a lot of printouts and sticky notes that have outlived their utility.
  • Wednesday -  Feeling a bit less blue. More reading. Blogs for the "read more" list - fluidworking.com, happymelly.com. There are certainly a lot of people thinking hard about these things out there. Went back to one of my Web services books. 1/3 done with my Codeacademy.com Python intro class.
  • Thursday - Monthly meeting of our Scrum Master community of practice. I missed most of it due to another obligation. The conversation was lively. Am now officially a volunteer for the Agile Games! I have no idea what I'm going to be doing, but I'm excited to get more involved in the community. 
  • Friday - Yet another podcast! Agile Pubcast 38 was a very entertaining concept, and also relevant for some conversations that have happened in my work lately. Going to try to spend some time today working on next year's plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handling Meetings with Remote Attendees

Agile Transitions as Self-Sustaining Reaction

Shu Ha Ri Skeptic