Week in Review #11

It was a lovely long weekend. I wrote, did some knitting, went on a hike with the family, and ate a great deal, as one does.
  • Monday - Hurry Slowly 04. I'm not about to go for any long ocean swims, er, ever, but it's interesting to think about what kind of risks I may be more likely to take, and how to prepare for them. Last day of the sprint. Three releases this week. *sigh* Studied Python (thanks CodeAcademy), wrote release notes, interviewed a tech writer candidate, plunged back into EDI document format hell.
  • Tuesday -Sprint review went as well as it ever does. As usual, no customers showed, which resulted in some commentary about how we format the meeting and whether it is necessary at all. Given our upcoming reorg, the discussion seemed beside the point.

    This was probably the penultimate meeting for the current team structure; no one knows when or how the teams might end up being restructured -- let alone how the details will fall out -- but the idea is in the air that it will be early next year. No one had anything to bring up at the cross-team retrospective, and my one team retrospective was canceled or at least postponed because half the team had taken the day off (update: they never proposed a time for another meeting). These no doubt contributed to a glum cast over the afternoon.

    Also, Hurry Slowly 05. I really enjoy Austin Kleon's way of thinking, and his experience with analog vs digital creation matches my own.
  • Wednesday - Sprint planning. Last minute tickets that no one had seen before that morning, and an even more last minute ticket that showed up in the afternoon; yay?

    People keep asking me if I know anything about the upcoming reorg, to which my response is generally, "I know fuck-all." So transparent. *sigh* 
  • Thursday - Another day spent mostly on documentation; the teams put out our two releases. 
  • Friday - Another "have you heard anything about what's going on with the reorg?" conversation. Watched some Modern Agile videos on Youtube, thought about trust and what, exactly, I would like my theoretical new company to do, and worked on my Codeacademy stuff (still on Python).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handling Meetings with Remote Attendees

Agile Transitions as Self-Sustaining Reaction

Shu Ha Ri Skeptic