Week in Review #2

My week in Agile practice and learning:
  • Abandoned Start with Why. Went back to The Coaching Habit.
  • Scheduled a vision meeting for the teams with the chief product owner; this was a pain point raised in our most recent retrospective. The message was received by the teams, I think, with well-deserved caution given our organizational history. Now I must ask myself how I can help them achieve their goals. 
  • Listened to the Agile for Humans 010 (great discussion of fast agile and extreme programming) and 011 (cross-over with Agile Coffee, so that's another one for me to check out, plus I was reminded about tastycupcakes.org. So many resources, only one me.). AND to meta-cast 121. Lot of podcasts this week.
  • Attempting to focus on active listening
  • Held a meeting with the product owners to discuss issues raised by the teams at last week's retrospectives. Not entirely pleased with how it went; too much agreement in principle, too few action items, too few voices in the conversation. Will have to think about the format next time.  
  • Manager commandeered the teams' daily scrum time for a status meeting. Three times.
  • Got to listen to half of a Scrum, Inc. webinar on addressing problems in Scrum before I got sucked into a meeting -- which was too bad, there were a lot of great questions up for discussion, and I was reminded of the existence of scrumplop.org
  • Podcast on psychological safety  which also introduced me to Conway's law 

We put out a release today, so the latter part of my week was mostly spent dealing with my other job in documentation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handling Meetings with Remote Attendees

Agile Transitions as Self-Sustaining Reaction

Shu Ha Ri Skeptic